About Bank Clerk
Clerical post is a very dignified position offered to candidates who clear Bank Clerk Exams. A Bank Clerk is responsible for a lot of customer services provided at various Banks. Banking sector, as we speak of, is the backbone of the country’s economy, and Bank Clerk serves as the building blocks of this reputed organization. Being a front office job, a Bank Clerk pays a vital role in providing the best customer service to all the existing customers of the Bank.
Role of a Bank Clerk
A Bank Clerk directly handles and takes care of the customer responsibilities and deals directly with all the customer services provided by the Bank. The various roles of a Bank Clerk in Bank are:
• Attending to customer’s requirements like passing of cheques, withdrawal slips etc. in Bank
• Ensuring compliance to KYC (Know Your Customer) guidelines by RBI at the time of opening of Savings, Current Bank Accounts etc.
• Explaining the salient features of bank’s products to customer
• Maintaining and updating accounts of customers
• Follow up of customer by calling them in case of Advances